make money from home - Earn Extra Money Ideas

Earn Extra Money Ideas

Recommend Article Article Comments Print Article
In this economy you sometimes need to get creative to earn extra income...
I got tired of constantly looking for part time jobs (I felt like I was wasting my time)... so I created my own opportunities! I decided to offer specialized services and odd jobs in my area that could be advertised on Craigslist.
It was quite a success. This method allows me to earn some much needed Extra Cash each month. And, the best part about it is that Monte (my piggy bank) gets fed all the time now.
Then I started thinking... "practically anybody can do this as well." So I gathered up my bundle of Extra Money Ideas, packaged them together, and spun off a neat little website.
I will be sharing with you 5 (five, cinco, Kevin Garnett's #) of those money making ideas here today.
The short story
I have a friend named Ed (he prefers Edward, but we bark at him to stop being so darn formal!) who was laid off from corporate America a while back. That situation left him with quite a dilemma.
How to make ends meet while he was looking for a full time position?
Well, for one thing he ended up working 3 mediocre part time jobs. After a month or two of really struggling, and on the verge of freaking out, I told him about my IDEA.
The idea was to create your own part time job opportunities by offering specialized services and odd jobs that would be advertised on Craigslist.
He said, "Hey that's a pretty good idea but I don't know anything about posting ads..." I sighed and replied, "you don't have to... I already wrote all the ads (with some html code) to post."
Somewhat surprisingly, or maybe not, this method was quite successful for Ed. He was able to earn some much needed extra cash.
The light bulb in my head
I was quite pleased with the positive results for Eddie and I was already having my own success with this idea. Then the wheels in my head started to turn and I thought to myself - practically anybody could do what I am doing, this doesn't take any special talents.
Then the light bulb lit up and I had my own IDEA.
Over the last 12 months, through trial and error, I developed a precise little system of offering Services & Odd Jobs that are marketed through Craigslist. It can generate a few extra hundred dollars and really help you make ends meet every month.
It worked for me, it worked for Ed, so it could easily work for you as well.
Then my good friend Carol mentioned that I should share those ideas (the system) with others who are in the same situation. I agreed, but I was thinking how could I do that?
She said, "you're creative... figure something out." So I did. I made a website that explains my idea and offers folks a chance to order the system.
What I discovered
Many hours were spent writing and then editing these ads and I discovered something very important.
It is not what you say... it's how you say it that really matters. That is why I include the ads to post. You simply copy and paste the advertisements, along with the HTML code, into the Craigslist posting.
Anybody can place an ad on any media outlet and hope for a reply. The Key is to get folks to respond to your ads; you are getting ads that already work. You supply the manpower or brainpower as needed... and off you go. Soon you can be on your way to earning extra money.
I can not emphasize enough the extent that these extra odd jobs have helped my friend Ed over the last year or so in making ends meet.
Having enough money each month allowed him to get back on his feet (financially) and gave him - just a little - peace of mind (you have to know Ed!).
Okay, I know what you are thinking. Just what are the Services and Odd Jobs that I provide?
5 Ideas you can use today
You can implement these Earn Extra Money Ideas today! Use Craigslist, which is absolutely free, to market the ideas.
Extra Money Idea One - You need a ride to...
You can offer a convenient and affordable Ride Service. There are tons of people who would prefer to find someone who can offer them a steady, reliable, friendly, and affordable ride to accomplish their errands, or get to work, or to the train station, or wherever they need to go. You are the Boss so you decide the pay rate.
For example, I was driving "Miss Daisy", as my friend Carol would say, to and from the train station each day. It wasn't very far, just the next town over from where I lived, so we agreed on $25 a day. I did this Monday through Friday for several weeks. That was en extra $125 a week for me!
The ad that I posted on Craigslist was simple and to the point and, most importantly, it worked. You can post the ad in the "general community" section.
Extra Money Idea Two - Have camera... will travel
You can offer what is basically an Errand Service for folks in the Real Estate business. This could work, obviously during the day, but also in the evening, or on your days off, or even on the weekend.
Real Estate agents, in this economy, are often way too busy to get everything accomplished that they would like to. Once they are aware that there is a dependable, hard working gopher (you!) out there they will trust you with more and more work assignments.
For example, I was usually driving around town, and I always carried my digital camera with me (because you just never know when you will see that perfect sunset... but anyway) and once I placed the ad a few times I started to get some replies.
I found myself taking pictures of houses (sometime vacant) for agents that were doing CMAs (comparative market analysis), I was photocopying real estate records at various town halls, and other real estate related tasks. Since I was in the Real Estate world already I really didn't mind doing these things.
It was a way to make some extra money ($30-$40 on average depending on the task) and it was also a good way to network with others in the business. You can post the ad in the "real estate services" section.
Note: Don't worry about not knowing what to do at a Town Hall. Simply go to the clerk's office and tell them what you need. They will be very glad to help!
Extra Money Idea Three - I search the ads for you
The Service you are offering will save folks time, energy, and reduce their frustration. In a nutshell, you are Searching Craigslist for other people and emailing them the results you find.
Think about it. It really is quite a time consuming task when someone does a search on Craigslist, an online newspaper, or an Internet search. I, for one, would cringe at the clock when I realized an hour and a half just flew by while I was on the Internet. So, if you have some extra time during the day, or in the evening, this service would be great for you to promote.
Remember that you are the boss, so be sure and set a pay rate that works for you (and in your area). Once word gets out that you are offering this service you can really earn some good extra money! I found that I initially needed to place the ad every few days, so viewers would become familiar with it, before I got my first response. Keep at it though, it is well worth the effort.
You may post this ad in the "general community", or "creative services" sections.
Extra Money Idea Four - Hercules Ad
This has been my most profitable ad. The service you are offering is basically a "Rent my Muscles" Service. Obviously you need to be in relatively good condition to do this. Even if you are not, perhaps you can post the ad for someone who is, and take a percentage of the profits. In other words, you can always partner up with somebody.
There are tons of people (in this economy) who are moving and although they need some help, they do not want to hire a professional moving team. That would be entirely too expensive. They would be happy to pay you a fair hourly wage, or a pre-set rate, for you to help them with their move. On average I charged $12-$16 an hour depending on location and time involved.
To date, this simple task has earned me several hundreds of dollars and when you are trying to make ends meet I can't tell you how helpful the extra money is. So if you don't mind getting a little dirty and getting a workout in the process, this extra money idea is a mini goldmine.
Not to be overlooked is the fact that you will get some "word of mouth" advertising. Your clients will tell all their friends about you! You can post in the "labor / move services" section.
Extra Money Idea Five - Auction Partner Needed
This is a Specialized Service that you can offer. It takes a bit more work to set up, but the profits on the back end can be excellent.
Here is how my idea was born.
I read the "legal" section of the local newspaper everyday (come on now... doesn't everybody??). I started to notice that there were more and more Self Storage Auctions popping up all over my area. In other words, when folks do not (or cannot) pay their monthly storage fees, the storage company will eventually sell their merchandise (hold an auction) to recover the lost monthly rental dues.
So, I thought that if I could find a partner with a van, we could buy the goods at the auction, then store them in my storage unit (I have maintained a storage unit for the last few years), then re-sell the goods, and split the profits. Guess what? It worked great!
I was very pleased with the results of this idea.
Once you place the ad on Craigslist (for a partner - preferably with a van) you should be prepared to jump into action because you most likely receive a reply right away. I received ten replies within the first night that I placed the ad.
If this venture is a good fit for you there is a real potential to make some good money. This could also work for Car auctions, Estate sales, etc.
Note: You could always send the Storage Companies an email that says something along the lines of "if you have late payments and are considering an auction - call us FIRST so we can make an offer."
Place the ad in the Gigs-Labor section of Craigslist, then you would send an email reply with all the details to those who responded to your ad.
Please visit www.CreativePartTimeJobs.info [http://www.CreativePartTimeJobs.info] for more Creative Part Time Jobs Ideas.
The moral of this story
Remember there is no magic formula. it just takes some persistence, some creativity, and some effort to earn extra money working part time. There are people who sit back, take no action, usually complain, and wonder why nothing ever changes in their lives. Instead of thinking of reasons why you can't do something spend your energy on coming up with the reasons why you can do something! Remember life is what you make of it. No risk. No reward. Do what makes you happy.
In the words of that famous Nike slogan - Just do it.
~ JMW 3.12.10